Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday October 17, 2010 Push Up Exhaustion

It is now Sunday and my chest still has not recovered from all the push ups we did in boot camp on Friday. All told Ryan said we did over 200 push ups by the end of class.

Friday was a high energy, intense workout as Ryan's always seem to be. I was tired before we even finished the warm up. We did many different stations that involved front and side planks, box jumps, sprints, deltoid presses, dead lifts using the plates, lifts across the body, and walking lunges. We also did push ups with a fly lift. Then we did more push ups. Then we had to start doing 10 push ups at the end of every station. It started to seem like endless push ups. We also had to do the card game. There is a pile of cards and each suit represents an exercise. You either did 5 burpees, 10 push ups (of course), 20 V-sit ups or 15 of something else. I'm still so exhausted I can't remember what the 15 things were. Also, if you pulled a joker you had to run in place for 30 seconds with high knees. After class, my arms were shaking. It must have been 9 am before I felt like I had any strength back in them. It was a great workout. Loved it!

I taught body sculpt today. We did some exercises for the chest but I didn't do push ups. Still, my chest is now more sore than ever. We don't do our exercises at the same rate that we do in boot camp since we are not looking at the cardio component but I do try to incorporate some of the same exercises into my classes. Hopefully I gave my class a workout that left them feeling as great as I did after mine on Friday.

Have a good one.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment