Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday, October 22, 2010 Smilin' Ryan

Hard getting up this morning. At about 3:15 am my son woke me up to ask me not to go to boot camp today. On the days Sharon and I go to boot camp his sister drives him to school. He likes when we do it better I guess. Later in the morning he called and I told him I did give him a kiss before I left. He said he knew. He felt it. However, it was 4:45 am, and I suppose he didn't want me to wake him up after all.

We started with a general warm up with Ryan and then switched to the card game warmup. Yikes! I couldn't believe it. Catching eye contact with a couple other members I think they agreed with me. In case you don't remember how the card game works, someone takes a card off the top of the deck. Each exercise is assigned a suit. Whatever suit comes up, you have to do that exercise. Today we did push ups with a twist, swimmers, low quad jumping jacks, and scissors. It did indeed warm us up a great deal.

For our stations it seemed like we did many exercises that affected the quads. Through the course of the workout we did sprints, one legged glute lifts on the ball, lifting the ball about 6" off the ground with our legs and holding, bent over flys, more push ups with a twist, bulgarian lunges, low walks with weights, squat jumps, one legged hops in a square plus some partner work. My legs, particularly my quads, were indeed screaming. Perfect season for it!

In all of the boot camp classes we go through many exercises. I have a love/hate relationship with them. Love them when I'm done, but hate them when I'm doing them :) I don't think I could have ever been an athlete. You read about how they love working through the pain and pushing themselves beyond that threshold. I try to push myself, but I don't love it. Again, just love it when I'm done and have that feeling of accomplisment. But, one thing for sure about boot camp, I definitely get my money's worth!

Have a good one.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment