Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday, October 25, 2010 Packers/Vikings? I'll take the Lions

Stayed up late watching the Vikings/Packer game. I must admit I didn't really have much at stake in the outcome. I cheered mainly for the Packers for Sharon's sake. And, during the final suspense filled quarter, I kept switching back and forth to Viva Las Vegas with Elvis and Ann-Margret. I cheer for the Lions. How can one not love a team that selflessly makes fans of different teams happy every week? And this week they made their own fans happy. They had a bye. But you just wait until next year...or the next...or the next...

Sharon was very tired after watching the game and then staying up to watch the press coverage. I actually fell asleep first which is very rare. This morning she told me she was glad I got up because if I had suggested we go back to sleep, she would have willingly gone back to sleep. However, once up she made she we hurried because she didn't want to be late and have to do extra push ups!

We wondered if Dustin would make it today since he was at the game last night. Had to be a late night for him. But he told us he was committed to being there and he was. It was, as usual, an excellent work out. We started with core work on the ball, leg work off the stage, and upper body work using the TRX equipment. Unfortunately I tweaked my hamstring during the leg work which hindered me a bit.

After the strength portion we did some intense cardio intervals on the tread mill. I couldn't run as fast as I should have but I had to cut myself a little slack with my stupid hamstring. Luckily, it does feel better now so I'm not sure what I did at the time.

We finished with some more core work on the ball, some strength training and some more core with the TRX straps. By the time we were done I was drenched. I love when my workouts leave me that way. Not so sure the people around me feel the same way.

Have a good one.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment