Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday October 18, 2010 Day After

This morning would have been a very good morning to turn off the alarm and go back to sleep. While I was still a little sore from Ryan's Push Up Fest on Friday, I was really sore from my own body sculpt class. My legs in particular. But that was a very convenient excuse so I made myself get up and go.

I have to admit that my body made my work out very difficult today. When we were doing squat jumps in the warm up I knew, "Ok. This is going to be a challenge!" I didn't completely meet the challenge but I know I did the best I could. Push ups were a challenge. The first one we did I found I couldn't do. I couldn't bring myself up. But I did the second and went from there. I tried to do as many as I could on my toes. Now and then I'd go down on the knees and stretch and then get back up and try again.

The other stations weren't so bad. Anything involving the quads and keeping low were hard. We did many things for the legs in my class yesterday so working those again today...ouch! We also did side leg lifts which we did yesterday with bands so I was really paying for that today. Serves me right as I love having my class do those. Luckily we didn't do anything that had the inner thigh as the primary focus because the inner thighs are truly one of the weak spots.

In any event, glad I came and worked out and pushed myself through my soreness to get a good workout. I thought maybe the soreness would lessen as I became more warmed up but no such luck. So now a little rest, no weight training tomorrow, and back to it on Wednesday!

Have a good one.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment