Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday, September 12, 2010 Anniversary Workout


Wednesday was my wedding anniversary. To start off the day on a positive we went to boot camp! Way to start!

Boy does it seem to be darker each morning we go. It is so dark that you have to be careful just walking to the shelter before starting. When Sharon and I were walking I noticed we couldn't even see the hill. "Look out," I said, "the hill has eyes!" Of course, we did a hill workout that day. It wasn't too bad actually. If you were on the hill, in the first rotation, you ran up for 30 seconds and then had 15 seconds to walk down. You did this four times. The second time you ran up 30 and came down in 60. Only 3 times this time. I was happy that I still had some left after so that was good. The weights were a combination of core and upper body. We also did some things for our legs. The fun part was the wheelbarrow. Sharon couldn't do this with me because of her back so Dustin was my partner. He really wanted to push me so he made me go very fast! I kept going as fast as I could and I'm sure it must have been very comical. The next time we did it we had to move sideways. Again I had to go pretty fast. It was funny to watch the other people around me doing this. We looked like a pretty uncoordinated bunch.

Today I taught body sculpt. It was the first time I had taught in a month. Why is this important? Because it was the first time I got a good look at myself in a month. Boot camp has really helped me tone. My legs have actually filled out a bit around the calves. Arms look decent too. Just more toned in the forearms. So that made me pretty happy. I incorporated some of the boot camp exercises and then, after class, made sure to remind the class to challenge themselves and not just stay where they were comfortable. It was a good class too.

Finally, good start to the football season. Wolverines beat Notre Dame and, as expected, Lions lost. Hate to see the Lions continue to lose but if only one could win I was glad it was my college team!

Have a good week!

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment