Thursday, September 23, 2010

September 23, 2010 The Results Are In...

Yesterday's boot camp was a retest day and a hill workout day. Both went pretty well.

I was very happy with my results. I improved in all areas. I increased my push-ups, going from 32 to 50. When I count my push ups I have to count in groups of 10. Just seems easier if I'm only doing ten rather than thinking I'm on number 49. I can tell today that I did 50 push-ups. My chest is sore.

I did better in my wall sit as well. This was the first time I used any weight while I sat. I held a 20 lb weight. I improved a minute and a half. The last time I sat only a minute but this time I got through 2:45. To help me this time I used my ipod shuffle. I do much better if I take the concentration away from my legs and sing along in my mind to the music. It worked.

Finally the burpees. Went from 19 to 22. I was cruising but around 16 I started to tucker out. Must have been the push-ups because my arms felt really tired as I lowered myself down and got back up. Still, improvement is improvement. We still have to do our cardio test. Sharon and I are planning on doing that on Sunday. I want to try and improve by 12 seconds so that I do it in under 4 minutes but we'll see.

For most of the rest of the time we did a hill workout. It really is getting easier. Except for running backwards. I ran on the path but it was slippery and my foot slid off a little bit. Avoided a fall. Sharon wasn't so lucky and over she went. I told her she was just really trying to become one with the hill, and was trying to merge into it. She told me she also fell after the wall sit. Poor Sharon. Sometimes physical grace is not one of her strong points. But I love her anyways!

Off to bed now for early boot camp again tomorrow.
Have a good one.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment