Monday, September 20, 2010

September 20, 2010 Playground Fun

The outdoor workouts are quickly coming to an end and we will soon be moving inside. Today we did one of my favorites, the playground workout.

There were quite a few people at boot camp today. Dustin has a special 14 day plan going and it looks as if many people are taking him up on the offer (I think we are going to try the food plan that goes with this but we will wait until October when pay day finally comes). Since there were so many people we had a lot of stations to cover. Each station lasted 45 seconds. My favorites today were the medicine ball, the body row (I'm getting so much better on this), the pull ups (I still am really bad here but I'll eventually get it), and the knee tuck for the abs. All the exercises were effective but those ones I particularly like. When we finished one full rotation of the stations we had to run a lap around the parking lot. This is actually getting much easier so my endurance must be getting better. We did a second rotation but each station was only 30 seconds. Then we sprinted again and I still did pretty well. My motivation was that the faster I went, the faster I could be finished and get some water. We finished with some exercises to start bringing our heart rate down. We did some burpees (which we will be tested on this coming up Wednesday) and mine still were not great. Dustin told us to aim for 12 and I did 14 so that wasn't too bad.

I'm looking forward to moving indoors. I'm very curious as to what kind of workouts we will do there. This whole boot camp has been quite the adventure and I can't wait to see what the journey holds next.

Have a good one.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment