Monday, September 6, 2010

September 6, 2010 3-On-1 Workout

Woke up to thunder and lightning again. I didn't believe Sharon when she said it was thundering outside. "Wishful thinking," I told her. Then I heard it too. We checked the boot camp website but there was no cancellation so we got dressed and off we went.

When we arrived Dustin was the only one in the parking lot. And he wasn't near the shelter either. It appeared as if the storm had passed so we were going to work out in the lot. Before we started a third person showed up, Mandy. But that was it. Looked like a day for alot of personal attention from Dustin.

We did alot of upper body work. Some of it was done with weights in the parking lot and then we moved to the playground for pull ups. Man these are hard. We actually kind of jumped up and then were supposed to hold ourselves up for 8-10 seconds. I tried to hold myself up but sometimes the rest of my body tried to pull me back down. Overall though I did okay. Poor Sharon had a harder time. She could get up but she couldn't hold herself up there. Dustin finally held her up. She has some upper body strength building to do.

Next we moved over to the parallel bars where we were supposed to do tricep dips. The bars were a little thicker and kind of slippery. I did what I could but then I heard Dustin kind of laughingly tell Sharon that she had to do something! I wasn't sure what happened. I guess poor Sharon couldn't really bend her elbows, dip herself, and then bring herself back up. So she had to kind of do the movement while standing on her toes. Then we went around the bars and did body rows. I did pretty well. At one point Dustin suspended me in the air while I lifted myself up. Yikes! Definitely made it harder.

For the last section we moved into the shelter because it was beginning to rain. We used the picnic tables for more tricep dips but this time we put our feet on the bench. Then we did push ups with the feet on the bench. We also did step ups and wall sits for the legs. The wall sits were my undoing again. I tried to use just one weight but Dustin busted me and told me I could use two.

This was a great workout today. With such a tiny group I felt like I gave much more effort because any sloughing off would be easily seen. This made me mad at myself because it made me question if I've been holding back at all. Hopefully not. I'll really make myself more accountable next time just in case.

Have a good one.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment