Monday, July 5, 2010

July 5, 2010 Man Was I Stinky!

Oh my gosh! That was a workout this morning. My arms were a little shaky when I left for home. It was great. My shirt was pretty much drenched and I even cut right through my deodorant! Poor Sharon, we drove home with the windows open so the breeze probably didn't make things too pleasant. She had no problem with me taking my shower first.

Back to the workout. It was raining on and off this morning and pretty humid. Traffic was almost nonexistent since this is the end of the holiday weekend. When we arrived, I thought maybe we didn't read that camp was canceled due to the weather because there weren't any other cars there. Then someone else pulled up, and then someone else so all was good. There were only 6 of us in class today, probably due to the 4th of July but that was good. 6 people and 2 instructors meant plenty of individual attention. We did a circuit today in the shelter. No hill. We weren't going to have to run in that soaking wet grass which I really appreciated. There were several stations. We had to do russian twists while passing the medicine ball off, leg lifts with a roundhouse lift, push-ups with a side lift, rows using the tubes, squats with a lift using dumbbells, dumbbell lunges, side to side hops touching a cone on each side, wall sits with a medicine ball chest press, a squat jump throwing up the medicine ball as high as we could, some high knee lift jogs in place, and some squat thrusts. Yikes. And we had to do this circuit 3 times!

I was so surprised that I could do the push-ups with the fly twist. I wasn't able to do it before when I tried. Woo hoo making progress! The other stuff I was pretty familiar with so it was more of a matter of just pushing myself to do the most I could. That can be very difficult but I make myself go until I really need to rest.Then I try to make myself go again as soon as I can. It's getting better. After the stations I thought we were done but we had to do more. We ran in place with high knees while holding the medicine ball over our head. My knees weren't terribly high but they were as high as they were going to go. I laughed because I had just told my group that I couldn't get my knees any higher when Dustin called over to me to get my knees higher. Next we got to take the medicine ball and slam it into the ground as hard as we could. That was fun. At the next station we did bicycles and then front planks. I thought I was doing pretty well on the front plank until I realized I wasn't on my forearms but still on my hands. Had to quick drop onto my forearms. Whew! Finally finished. Nope. Had to run one sprint around the parking lot and then we were finished. With the humidity and all this turned out to be a really intense workout but, as I stated before, it was great!

Oh, yeah, did manage to lose another pound but, more importantly, I notice the change in the way my clothes fit. It still wouldn't be noticeable to anyone else but I can tell. Things are going in the right direction!

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment