Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 28 No Boot Camp, No Problem

When I woke up this morning, I looked out the window and asked Sharon, "Dang, where's the rain?" I was actually kidding although it was so early and dark, the prospect of a second rain day looked kind of inviting. But, I figured it was not to be, so I got ready for boot camp and off we went. As we were headed out the door I asked, "Was that thunder?" I figured I imagined it since Sharon didn't think she heard it. Sharon drove as I was the most tired this morning. I rested my eyes on the drive but I think my wife did comment on seeing some lightning. However, last week we had a similar scenario and there was camp so we just continued on our way.

Upon arriving we thought maybe something was wrong. There were other people there but they weren't at the shelter we usually go to when there is adverse weather. I wanted to wait a little bit in the car, more out of laziness than anything else, but we got our stuff together and went down to the shelter. People were wondering whether or not there would be class because there hadn't been anything on the bootcamp page when they left home. Finally someone checked facebook on their phone and discovered that class was, indeed, cancelled. Some brave people decided to run a bit anyway, but, being deathly afraid of lightning and wet shoes we decided to just go to our health club to workout.

However, we got kind of tired driving home so after a heated 30 second debate we decided to go back to sleep and then go to the health club later. I am proud to say that we did make it to the club and got our workout in.

For my workout I decided to create my own boot camp in the weight room. We were at the club when it wasn't particularly busy so it didn't really get in anyone's way. I started by doing lunges with a bicep curl, switched to rows, then did some bunny hops forwards and backwards (which I'm sure looked amazing to anyone walking by), used a step bench for some lateral hops, proceeded with some deltoid presses, and did some russian twists on a stability ball. I did each station for 45 seconds, then took a water break and did my rotations again for 30 seconds. After another water break I then did my core work. I did some push-ups on the medicine ball, some front and side planks with a twist, some back extensions and swimmers. Again did each exercise twice. Finally I did some cardio on the stationary bike. Yesterday I used the treadmill at a high incline and practiced walking backwards. Backward exercises kill my quads so I was trying to get some extra practice in. I did have to hold on to the bar though. I'm gonna keep trying it and let go of the bar but I was a little nervous about doing that this first time. Anyways, I was glad there was air conditioning in the club because I wound up working pretty hard.

Well, tomorrow we are taking a rest day. We've already worked out 4 days this week and will get a fifth at boot camp on Friday. Elijah goes to overnight camp so we'll just relax with Brenna and hopefully get some stuff done around the house.

Have a good one.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment