Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 10, 2010 Missed Friday :(


Okay. Didn't go to fitness boot camp on Friday. Hate making excuses, should have gone. But here is my excuse. I still have that sore area around my achilles tendon. I think that's part of the soleus but unsure. Anyways, looked up that injury online and it said to ice it and let it rest. I haven't been letting it rest so I thought I better before it gets worse and I can't go to boot camp at all. So just took it easy on the foot.

I did get a different kind of workout though. Yard work. Spent a couple of hours weeding and clearing up all the sides of the house as well as lugging branches and other debris from the tree that had been sawed off. We used some kind of Cutter's Backyard Bug Killer stuff that really took care of the mosquitoes. It was awesome! We had not even been able to step outside without getting eaten alive and this let us spend almost the whole day outside, back or front yard without bug spray. Even better, Brenna, my daughter, sprayed the Cutter's. When she heard we were going to try it she said "I want to spray it", so we let her. She said the mosquitoes tried to get her when she was doing it but it worked pretty quickly. So now, at least for a couple weeks, we can go outside into the yard again. It's supposed to work for 6 weeks, but as bad as the bugs have been, we're going to spray again in two.

So, tomorrow a regular workout at the Princeton Club. I'll do some weight training because it is either weight training or weight gaining, and just ride the stationary bike. The bike is real impact and feels better on the heel.

On a final note, saw Despicable Me today with Brenna and Elijah. It was very good and quite funny. IT'S SO FLUFFY! We saw it in 2-D so have no idea whether or not the 3-D is any good.

Have a nice weekend.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment