Monday, June 21, 2010

Week Two

Started a new week of fit camp. Started with the cardio portion of our test which meant we had to run the hill. I ran the hill in 4:47 seconds. Not great but I know it is better than it was last week. My quads weren't sore like they were prior to our first day of camp last week. Unfortunately on my way up the hill I noticed my shoe string was untied. Didn't want to stop to tie it but really didn't want to fall either. I get really nervous on the way down too so I find myself stepping on the brakes a little bit. But I had a lot of energy at the end of the hill so was able to kick it a little there. Gives me something to work on. Sharon did well. She came in slower but she jogged all the way up and down the hill. She has good endurance. While we were waiting for people to finish we had to do push-ups. Good reason to finish a little slower.

The circuit was tough. Worked all areas of the body. That reminds me, my 17 burpees must have been over 3 minutes, not over 1:30. We had to do them again today, not a test though, and I was thinking no way was I able to do 17 of these! I was a sweaty mess by the end of the workout but it felt really good. The saddest part was when we got back to the car and I realized I left my mat behind and had to go get it! I think Sharon should have gotten it for me because she has such great endurance but no go. Oh well. No fit camp tomorrow so Wednesday we'll go at it again.

Oh, yeah, lost 2 pounds last week. Unfortunately bad weekend of eating but how could I pass up all that great food in Michigan? At least the meat was all grilled. And I had to keep dragging Erica around in the pool and lifting her up so maybe that counts for a little exercise.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment