Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fitness Camp Day 2

Fitness camp was pretty good today but tough. I wasn't as sore as I thought I would still be (but I was pretty sore yesterday). We had to do some fitness tests and I didn't do so well :(. I won't tell you what I weighed in at but it's not good! I could only do 26 push-ups, wall sit for a minute and a 1/2, and do 17 burpees in a minute and a 1/2 so I guess I have lots of room for improvement. Sharon was one of the best wall sitters. She sat 3 minutes and 1o seconds. Unfortunately it took a couple of us to help straighten her back up into position after. We didn't do the cardio test because the hill was too wet but we have to do it Monday.

After the tests we had to do our workout. We did the chariot run which meant our partner put two tubings around us and pulled back while we ran across the tennis court. It was hard to move. My partner was nice and very encouraging. The participants next to us gave me some pointers to use my arms to help my momentum and it really made a difference. After we went across and pack we switched positions but then we had to switch back and do it again. The second time was really difficult. I got to watch Sharon with her partner and her partner was really strong. I tried not to laugh as I saw her racing across the court and Sharon holding of for dear life! I got to glance when Sharon was running to and she did pretty well. Only later I found out that they only used one of the tubes instead of 2!

When we weren't doing the chariot run we had to do squats into overhead presses, 15 push-ups, side lunges, back lunges with bicep curls and then we had to do them again. This all reminded me of junior high school. I remember when spring would arrive and we would have to go outside to start training for our mile run. The first couple of times I would be terribly nauseous after but then I'd get used to it and would start to get better. That's how I'm feeling after the 2nd day of camp. I wasn't nearly as nauseous as I was Monday so I'm hoping to start getting better. Unfortunately we're going to camp tomorrow instead of Friday which means no day of rest. Luckily it's because I'm going for alone time to visit my family in Michigan and very much looking forward to it.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment