Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday, June 25

Wow. Nice surprise on Wednesday. Very stormy in the morning and boot camp was cancelled. Just like a snow day! Sharon and I did go to the health club though and put together our own mini boot camp using exercises we already knew and some things from camp. We probably looked very silly but the club was pretty empty so who cares?

Back to fit camp today. Was really tough. Did some running on the hill but only within a selected area so not too bad. Still up the hill, down the hill, up the hill, down the hill...and then backwards. We warmed up by running around the wet field and having to do the plank ab exercise in the middle of it. As we got closer to the hill I said to someone "I think this is a trick" and it sure was. It just got us to the hill! After the hill, we went into our circuit. Lots of arms today and I felt it. I figured that I was getting what I deserved for making people in my body sculpt class do many of these same exercises. It's much different when you are teaching and the adrenaline carries you through. Here I kept telling myself mind over muscle, mind over muscle...but the muscle wasn't having any of that. We got to throw the medicine ball to each other and I kind of like the different hopping exercises. There was a rope ladder on the ground and we hop in and out of the rungs. We've done some others with rings the size of hula hoops that we hop through as well. That's fun. I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow though.

It's the end of our second week and we both find we are enjoying it. 4:30 comes really early but we can relax when we get home. It is very challenging but that is what I wanted. Gotta keep these 48 year old muscles working! Have to admit, though, that I like going to the 5:30 class because I know when I see the 6:15 people coming we are almost finished.

Saw Toy Story 3 yesterday. We all liked it. Was excellent, funny, suspenseful, and sad. Adults will enjoy it as much as kids. And, the tickets were only $5.00 which I enjoy as well. Have a good one.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment