Monday, July 18, 2011

Heat Wave July 18, 2011


At 4:30 this morning the temperature was already 82 degrees. I wasn't sure I wanted to go to bootcamp. To be honest I wasn't sure that it was the smartest or even healthiest thing to do. However, since the rest of the week isn't supposed to be any better I decided to go ahead and give it a try. That way I could judge whether or not to go the rest of the week. I did decide not to use my ac as I drove to my workout so that my system wouldn't go from the cold to the heat.

The first part of the workout wasn't too bad. Ashton had us work with partners. One of us did wall sits while the other did weighted lunge walks or half moons. Then we used our mats. On the mats we did side planks with a dip, skull crushers which is a tricep exercise, and one other exercise that slips my mind. While not on the mat we did lunges with a chop, squats with biceps, squats with deltoid work, and rows. We finished by working with our partner, doing 60 pushups between two people. My partner and I each did 30. Then it was time for cardio with Dustin.

Dustin said this heat and humidity was perfect for sprints. So that's what we did. Sprint. Over and over again. First we ran across the tennis court and rested. Then back and the same. Then we got to run across and back, then rest. Next we got to run across and back, twice. Then we did that again but we had to do push-ups as we reached the fence each time. We did get to take a water break between which was, of course, very important in the heat. We next chose a line and had to jump over it, side to side and then forward and back. We finished by shadowing another person.

When we were finished I was drenched and stinky. I had to walk a little bit and take my time catching my breath. Overall, it wasn't too bad and I got my workout done early. I think I'll try it again on Wednesday.

Have a good one.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment