Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 20, 2010-This Week's Bootcamp. Ouch!


Wow. What a workout yesterday. Can barely move my arms today. So glad that the snow we had to shovel was so light. Dustin told us we would be doing an intense upper body workout and that we did.

There were three stations yesterday. We used the barbell, the stage, and the TRX straps. Sharon and I used the barbells first. We did barbell rows, bicep curls, up right rows and then more curls. Everything was to be done very slowly, The first time through this station wasn't too bad because we only used about 44 pounds and I usually have to do more. So felt pretty good after this one.

The second station was the stage with dumb bells (the equipment, not the people). We did tricep presses and deltoid presses. Not too bad again.

Finally, the TRX straps. Very bad. Ouch. We did pulls ups using the straps. We also did push ups. Even just holding yourself up on the straps was very hard. After we went through all 3 stations we took a water break and then did them again. Nothing was so easy this time. But I didn't feel especially tired, then.

After 2 rotations we went on to the tread mill. Yes, I hate the tread mill. An incline of 15 with 20 seconds on and 20 seconds off with the speed of 8.5 mph. By the time we were done my chest was about to burst and my throat was raw. I was so glad we were done. I did have to grab the handle a few times to make sure I didn't fall off. Dustin told me to try and not hold on, just like I was on the hill. But on the hill I probably would have been walking! In any event, we were done. Great work out but left me feeling sick. And today I'm really sore.

Last week was similar only we worked on lower body. I wasn't as sore though the next day though. We intend to go to bootcamp 2 more times this week. Hopefully we'll work just as hard but not be quite as sore.

Have a good one.
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment