Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday, November 3 2010 2 for 1

Hey guys. Posting about my workouts on Monday, November 1 and Wednesday, November 3. Trying to keep a good record for myself of what I've done so don't want to leave any workouts out.

Monday was not my finest hour. The workout was good and challenging but I was under the weather a bit. Hadn't been feeling well all weekend but would not let myself use that as an excuse. We did a great deal of core using the stability ball, used the tread mill, worked with weights. Sharon said she could tell I wasn't myself. But I did work hard. And I got my workout.

Today was an extensive cardio workout. Dustin warned us of that in advance. We did a nice workout to get the blood flowing and the muscles warmed up and then BAM! Started on the treadmill, 30 seconds on 45 seconds off so that we could do 10 pushups in between. Dustin wanted me to have a nice sprint so he set my treadmill at 9.5. Boy does that belt move fast at 9.5! I had to walk for a couple of seconds before doing my push ups to catch my breath.

Back in the exercise studio we used the stability ball. One person did planks on it while the other person tried to knock them off with their arms the first time and their legs the second time. We also threw the ball to each other while sitting in a V and then catching it with our legs. Then we threw it pushing out at chest level while in a lunge position. Finally one partner sat in a bridge position while the other did tricep dips of their legs. That was tricky! While still in the room we also did wheelbarrows across. Dustin was my partner for this because Sharon's back is still sore. He pushed me hard so I get across the floor pretty fast.

We finished with more treadmill. 15 seconds on, 30 seconds off at a 15% incline. This time, due to the incline I guess, I only had to run at an 8.0. When we were finished today I was really whipped. Sharon was incredibly happy because she loves cardio.

That's it for today. Have a good one.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment